What is “Walking with Purpose”?
- Walking with Purpose (WWP) is a women’s Catholic Bible Study. Ladies: you are invited to join the study at any time!
- WWP aims to bring women to a deeper personal relationship with Christ through personal study and small group discussion that link everyday challenges with the solutions given to us through the teachings of Christ and the Catholic Church.
- WWP provides practical Bible teaching consistent with Church doctrine and uses the Catechism of the Catholic Church as an additional resource. All WWP materials have received the Imprimatur from the Archdiocese of Baltimore.
- WWP reaches women who desire to grow in their faith using a Scripture-based program that is fresh, relevant and focused on conversion of heart. We believe that the journey from the head to the heart can be hard to navigate, and as a result, aim for authentic transformation, not just intellectual development.
Which study will be offered this year? Opening Your Heart will be offered this year. This 22-week foundational course will examine the core questions that we wrestle with if we want to experience all that God has for us.
Ready to register? A registration form can be found here. Please remit the completed form with the registration fee to the Parish Office.
How will WWP work at St. Paul?
- WWP will be offered on Monday evenings from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. and on Tuesday mornings from 9:15 – 11:00 a.m. Upon registering you can select the meeting time best for you. We will meet in LL Room 3 (located in the lower level of the church).
- WWP is open to all women and we hope to have diversity in our small groups as we all can learn from each other.
- You can find a Walking With Purpose calendar of meeting dates here!
Is there babysitting for my children?
Yes! Childcare will take place in the Angel Room. The babysitters will be available 15 minutes before the program begins so that you have time to get your child/children settled.
What if I have children in PSR on Monday nights? They finish at 7:45 pm.
If your children are in PSR class on Monday nights and you choose to participate in the Monday WWP session, we will arrange to walk your children to the Angel Room when their class is dismissed.
Do I have to be Catholic to participate?
No. While the content of the program is Catholic, WWP is relevant for all women.
What if I have never participated in a Bible Study?
No worries. The structure allows everyone to start where they are and grow together.
Who are the Small Group Leaders?
The Small Group Leaders are women who have been selected and trained through the WWP program. They are women in the parish who hope to foster a welcoming, loving, and safe environment for all participants. They are not experts in the faith nor teachers and will be learning with the rest of the group.
What is the cost?
- The cost of $100 includes an Opening Your Heart book, training for our Small Group Leaders, refreshments at each meeting, and babysitting (since babysitting benefits the entire group.)
- Financial assistance is available if the registration fee is a hardship. We do not want to exclude any woman who would like to participate. Please contact a WWP Coordinator (listed below) for more information.
What if I decide that WWP is not for me?
If you register and decide not to participate by November 1, we can offer a full refund if your book can be reused. If the book cannot be reused, we can offer a $50 refund.
Can I select my group or sign-up with a friend?
- You will be assigned to a group. Although this may seem a bit difficult at first, you will very likely form a lasting bond with the women in your group – and it is such a blessing to get to know a new group of women.
- Yes, you can indeed request to be placed with a friend. It is always especially nice to know at least one other person when you start.
How do I register?
A registration form can be found here. Please remit the completed form with the registration fee to the Parish Office with the registration fee.
Please contact any of the WWP Coordinators:
- Deb Levy at either firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-404-7667
- Colleen Brandt email@example.com or 614-946-4718
- Kellyn Donnelly firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-209-6827
- Nicole Michalec email@example.com or 614-378-2666