The Parish School of Religion provides an innovative and comprehensive religion curriculum that features a unique spiral scope and sequence based on the Six Tasks of Catechesis:
1) Catechesis promotes knowledge of the faith;
2) Catechesis promotes a knowledge of the meaning of the liturgy and the sacraments;
3) Catechesis promotes moral formation in Jesus Christ;
4) Catechesis teaches Christians how to pray with Christ;
5) Catechesis prepares Christians to live in community and to participate actively in the life and mission of the Church;
6) Catechesis promotes a missionary spirit that prepares the faithful to be present as Christians in society.
Each grade level contains age-appropriate content for each theme presented as the student grows and develops. Teachers present our Catholic faith with both Scripture and Tradition so that our students grow in their literacy and identity. Students are encouraged to share their faith, connect their faith, and live their faith with each lesson. Through evangelization and catechesis, our young people are called to faithful living with their heart, hands, and mind.
A Home School program is available for those families who cannot meet during our traditional class times for grade levels 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 only. Expectations and requirements are given to these families prior to acceptance into the Home School program.
Questions? Please contact our PSR Office at 614-882-5045.