Shipwrecked! Rescued by God!
Shipwrecked! Rescued by God! is the theme for St. Paul’s 2018 Vacation Bible School (VBS)! VBS is a one week summer experience that will take place June 25-29 from 9:00 a.m. until noon. Children will undoubtedly enjoy an exciting, dynamic week that focuses on age-appropriate faith development. VBS benefits the volunteers as well as the participants as everyone ventures onto an uncharted island where kids discover the truth that Jesus carries them through life’s storms!
This one-week summer camp is an exhilarating, faith-building experience for children (and adults!) of all ages! While Shipwrecked! on the island, everyone will be transported to biblical times via exciting Bible Adventures, use science and engineering to demonstrate God’s awesome abilities in Imagination Station, serve many of Saint Paul’s own ministries in our Message in a Bottle Service Station and end the day in a moving, concert-like atmosphere where we tie it all together with skits and music!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Our VBS will be held June 25 – June 29 from 9:00 until noon at St. Paul School. Children should arrive between 8:45 a.m. and 8:55 a.m. This Catholic-based summer camp promises to be a dynamic experience for children and families of all ages!
- Preschool VBS is for children ages 3, 4 and 5. Children will participate in programming specifically geared toward their age group. Children must be age 3 by June 25, 2018 and potty-trained.
- Youth in Grades K – 4 will experience immersive Bible stories, creative art projects and exciting science experiments that reinforce the day’s Bible lessons while also enjoying unforgettable music each day.
- Those in Grades 5 – 6 will participate in a youth program designed especially for them. This program is part volunteer, part service and part fun activities developed by our Youth Minister, Brad Romantic. Our volunteers are vital to a successful and exciting week of VBS.
- Students in Grades 7 – 12 will have the opportunity to serve as Crew Leaders, Station Guides and in many other fun and exciting ways. Adult Volunteers will be needed to serve as Room Leaders, help with registration, lead the children in worship, or simply help decorate!
- Volunteers are needed during the week of VBS and behind the scenes in the months preceding VBS. (All adult volunteers 18 and over are required to have completed the “Protecting God’s Children” class and be fingerprinted. Placement cannot be made until both prerequisites are met.)
- Babysitting for infants through age 2 will be available for volunteers. For more information, please contact our Coordinator of Children’s Ministries, Leia Bame at 614882-5045 ext. 385 or LBame@stpacc.org.
- Space is limited. Registration will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, until we have reached capacity. Registration will close June 15 or when the program is full. Preference will be given to children of volunteers.
- CD’s with music from this year’s program may be purchased for $10. The CD’s will be distributed the first day of VBS when you pick up your child.
- Please make sure to list your child’s CURRENT GRADE for School Year 2017/2018.
- An email will be sent the week before VBS with your child’s crew and room assignment, arrival and dismissal information, and a list of the snacks that will be provided during the week.
- Registration and payment is exclusively online through WeShare. The cost for registration is $40 per student in grades Preschool through 4th. The cost of registration for students in 5th and 6th grade is $20. There is a $100 per family cap. Payment must be received at the time of registration. Tuition assistant is available.
- Please click here to begin the registration process!
Arr! Adult Volunteers! We Need You!
Volunteers are vital to a successful and exciting week of VBS. Students in grades 7 – 12 will have the opportunity to serve as Crew Leaders, Station Guides and in many other fun and exciting ways. Adults will be needed to serve as Room Leaders, help with registration, lead the children in worship, or even help decorate! Volunteers are needed during the week of VBS and behind the scenes in the months before. (All adult volunteers 18 and over are required to attend the “Protecting God’s Children” class and be fingerprinted. Placement cannot be made until both of these requirements are met.)
Please click here to learn more about volunteering for our VBS!
Arr! Youth Volunteers! Join Us!
Students who are currently in Grades 7 through 12 for the 2017-2018 school year can volunteer for VBS. We hope you will consider joining us!
You can learn more here!
Message in a Bottle
Can you please help support the 400+ students and volunteers who will be participating in our 2018 VBS? Our Message in a Bottle Service Station works to promote the virtue of charity by partnering our Vacation Bible School students with parish ministries to help those in need. Numerous items are needed for the service projects the youth will be involved with and snacks would also be most appreciated. Please select a gift tag on the VBS bulletin board located in the Church vestibule or click here for a list of items most needed. Donations should be dropped off by Sunday, May 27 or to the PSR Office (located below Miller Hall) before Friday, June 15. Thank you in advance for your help!